We’re proud to get back to you with the latest updates, which in most part are unique to Starcom Systems.
These has been a very busy period in which new operations were established and many changes were done. The most important of them are on the website, the online service, and the business aspect.
We wish to use this opportunity to invite you to take a look at our updated website. Apart from the new design, the website is operating in 9 languages and contains the latest information about the company, including this letter. The site is located at //www.starcomsystems.com
On the web application, the following changes were made:
- MAJOR UPGRADE: A new « Monitoring » option was added to the site. This is a window that is very much similar to the Events window in the control center, which lists all the incoming emergency events. It can be customized per user, and will show the time of event, type of events, and its status (New/In Progress/Closed). This window will also show incoming text messages from the MDT (Mobile Data Terminal to allow a two way communication of text messages between the driver and the central station). The information about each event can also be sent to an unlimited number of cellular phones, or immediately to email addresses. Use the Users recourse to grant access to specific users for this feature.
- Help: A comprehensive knowledge base was added to the help section, which contains many answers to questions regarding every aspect of the Starcom System. This option is only available for operators.
- Units table: In order to use the new MDT features, you must define which units has the MDT installed. This new field is called « Terminal Type ». Only operators can change this field.
- Units table: By clicking on a unit you can now choose whether to see it on the map or generate an instant report.
- Map page: When available, you can now send a text message to the MDT.
- Home – Recently accessed units: A new link was added to go to the full list of the units (some clients where confused about having only 5 units).
- Reports: A new report was added – stop hours. This report is the opposite of the Work Hours report – it shows when the engine was stopped and for how long.
- Reports – Power Take-Off: Can now be issued from the volume input as well as the hood input.
- Reports – Work Hours Summary: Now also includes the current mileage of all the vehicles (this report can now be used to see the current mileage of all the vehicles on a scheduled basis).
- Reports – Usage: Outgoing transmissions: Can now be used to see how many transmissions each user has sent.
- Users: Added an option to allow only specific users to set the cellular notifications.
- Users: Added an option to allow only specific users to use cellular commands.
- Source email address for the schedule reports can now be customized by each operator. Contact our support team to customize your own address.
- Some titles were changed for better understanding of the SIM card/CDMA modem phone number field.
- New translations were added: Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, German, and French. The service now supports 14 languages!
- New maps were added in North America, Europe, and Africa.
On the control center application, the following changes were made:
- Unit status window now contains the information about the last event and what was its result.
- Added an option to authorize only specific operators to close the application.
- Added a logout and login option without the need to close the application.
- Clients list now shows the total number of units in the system.
- New report: Clients list by service plan.
- New report: Clients list by group.
- New report: Events summary by event.
- New report: Events summary by operator.
- New report: Events summary by unit.
- Now 100% Microsoft SQL Server compatible.
On the routing application, the following changes were made:
- Added an option to have a SMPP connection for outgoing transmissions only.
On the LCU-500, the following changes were made:
- The new Motorola’s g24 modem (a green product) has passed all the tests and is now compatible with the LCU.
- Added an option to use the Motorola’s g20/g24 internal TCP stack.
On the business aspect:
These have been very active 4 months in which we were busy in trainings and establishing infrastructures to allow purchasing and receiving our services in the following locations:
- Madeira – Portugal
Links to the local operators can be found on our site under « partners »
The Personal Locator (PL):
We are currently working on the first prototypes of the Personal Locator and hopes that the next letter will contains the first images of the product.