This month we bring you the latest news and updates regarding updated and new accessories, updates to Starcom Online, and a look into our future products.
We are happy to announce that we’ve integrated the Garmin Navigation modules into our application. You can now locally buy any Garmin product and connect it to our application using Garmin’s Fleet Management Interface Cable. Once connected – you can use Starcom Online to send and receive text from the driver of the vehicle, and send a location to the vehicle to drive to.
HANDS-FREE KIT & TEMPERATURE SENSOR:
We have developed our own in-house hands-free kit and temperature sensors. They are better suitable to the Helios units than ever before, and can be purchased immediately.
Latest changed on Starcom Online include:
- Starcom Online is now available for your mobile! Use your mobile phone to navigate to Starcom Online and see our new design for mobile browsers.
- Map: Changed the item selection box to allow quick search.
- New Language – Thai (ภาษาไทย).
- Home / Live Status: Added “Key” indication to the quick units list.
- Units: Added an option to select the fuel input source (under “Captions”).
While we are always working on improving our various software and hardware, in the coming months we’ll ship new versions of the Helios which include much lower power consumption, while providing better accuracy and longer battery life.
In addition we’ve started an integration process with a satellite modem and expect to be able to offer a kit that includes the Helios with a Satellite modem for areas which has no cellular coverage, or very expensive roaming. This should be available during Q3 2011.